Books & Audible
- 1414040514870631870.1Publisher: TROLL COMMUNICATIONS (1986)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0816763186ISBN-13: 978-0816763184Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 4.9 x 0.4 inchesShipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- 1413840.1Paperback: 24 pagesPublisher: Dalmatian Press (January 2007)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1403729581ISBN-13: 978-1403729583Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 7.9 x 0.1 inchesShipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- 1413799781582349480Laura Crapper, a seventeen-year-old combat-boot-wearing poet with spiked red hair, renames herself Sister Slam and hits the road with her best friend, Twig. On the way to a slam poetry contest in New Jersey, they hit a pig, get pulled over by the cops, fight with one of the judges, lose the contest, get into two more fender benders, fight with each other, and finally land on the front page of a New York City newspaper for their amazing impromptu performance at the famous Tavern on the Green. The girls and their fresh style of poetry take the city by storm, but when Laura's father back in Pennsylvania has a heart attack, she must face her fears about home and the still-raw loss of her mother. This inspiring romp of a coming-of-age story, written entirely in Laura's in-your-face slam poetry style, proves you don't have to give up your home to live your dream.
- 14135197807814386810.65Series: Bible Knowledge SeriesHardcover: 544 pagesPublisher: David C. Cook; New edition (February 27, 2003)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0781438683ISBN-13: 978-0781438681Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.6 x 9.2 inchesShipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
- 14133697807814422820.5Hardcover: 528 pagesPublisher: Victor; 1st edition (April 26, 2005)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0781442281ISBN-13: 978-0781442282Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.1 x 9.1 inchesShipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- 14133597807814344540.5Series: Bible Knowledge (Book 4)Imitation Leather: 512 pagesPublisher: David C. Cook (October 10, 2006)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0781434459ISBN-13: 978-0781434454Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.2 x 9.2 inchesShipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- 14132397807684275780.25Paperback: 205 pagesAuthor: D. Brian ShaferPublisher: Destiny Image (March 1, 2009)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0768427576ISBN-13: 978-0768427578Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inchesShipping Weight: 12 ounces
- 1412979789788437260Biblica (formerly International Bible Society) provides God’s Word to people through Bible translation, Bible publishing and Bible engagement in Africa, East Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North America and South Asia. Through its worldwide reach, Biblica engages people with God’s Word so that their lives are transformed through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- 1412729781414312989Today's world moves at sometimes a maddening and confusing pace. We all need time each day to focus on what's important—what truly matters in light of eternity, what will make an impact on this world. In this One Year devotional, Charles Colson helps us all become people of purpose, day in and day out. When we, as Christians, become focused on God's clear call to be light in this world, we together can make a difference in all arenas of life—from science to politics, from the arts to mass media.
- 1412569781577942740Leather Bond, revised edition. Compiled by Charles J. Hazelton. Originally sold for $29.99. Approximate size of book is 4.9 x 7 1/4. Harrison House, Tulsa, OK, Publisher. 2000. Total 703 pages. Gilt lettering over black bond leather (leatherette). Original slipcase included to continue to protect the book. Just minor shelf wear on the slipcase, not stained or torn. Gilted gold edges of the pages of the book. "This pocket concordance is dynamic in a small package, and like the man said, don't leave home without it." Kenneth Copeland, International Best Selling Author and Minister. This is a "convenient sized reference guide for commonly used New Testament scriptures is available. whether you are a minister, a Bible student, or an individual who wants to a greater knowledge of the Word of God, this book is for you." This book "contains approximately 30,000 scripture references which are arranged in alphabetical order by subject or key word to help make your study time more profitable." Also this book includes: "A biography of Abraham; a Biography of Jesus; Biographies of John, Paul, peter; Outlines of Jesus parables and miracles; outlines of the book of Revelation. Plus much more." The spine is tight. The pages are unmarked, no torn or missing pages, no highlights. A wonderful book that could be a fine addition to your library or as a nice gift. Priced affordable and most likely will not last long.
- 1412389781558198487ISBN 10: 1558198482 ISBN 13: 9781558198487Publisher: B&H Publishing Group, 1999
- 1412369781586401689SoftcoverISBN 10: 1586401688 ISBN 13: 9781586401689Publisher: Broadman & Holman Publishers, 2004
- 1412349780718018009SoftcoverISBN 10: 0718018001 ISBN 13: 9780718018009Publisher: Thomas Nelson, 2006
- 14123297815656380370.3The world's best-loved translation of the Bible is brought to life in this powerful, word-for-word narration by renowned dramatist Alexander Scourby. The regular edition features voice only, while the dramatized edition adds the voices of dozens of actors and actresses, sound effects and background music.
- 14122297808407844450.1PaperbackPublisher: Thomas Nelson Inc (July 1 1993)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0840784449ISBN-13: 978-0840784445Product Dimensions: 23.1 x 18 x 0.8 cmShipping Weight: 249 gAverage Customer Review: Be the first to review this itemAmazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,583,448 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)#209499 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles#366336 in Books > Religion & Spirituality
- 14122997808054955080.25Product DescriptionBroadman and Holman Publishers, 2011. PAP. Book Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from US within
- 14122797801952709210.25The Pilgrim Bible, first published in 1948 by Oxford University Press, was designed to help young people learn about their faith. However, it soon became apparent that this book was an invaluable resource for new Christians regardless of their age, and the Pilgrim ably served thousands of readers for some forty years. The New Pilgrim Bible, KJV carries on the legacy of its predecessor, but with the rearrangement of existing materials and the addition of factual data that enhance the value of the original book. Its features include a fresh page design and type face; book introductions (including brief outlines); explanations of biblical dispensations and covenants; boxed in-text notes, charts and black and white maps; the Words of Christ in red letter, a concordance; subject index; and, full color Oxford Bible Maps. The New Pilgrim Bible offers a wealth of enhanced information in a handy, affordable volume.
- 14122597807180169370.25Too often when people have questions or concerns about their family they run to books instead of the Word of God, which is the first place they should be going. The Family Foundations Study Bible helps families apply God's Word to their family life by addressing a multitude of situations and circumstances that are common in the life of a Christian family. It provides parents with biblical tools and resources to help their families grow spiritually.
- 138902Challenge your budding reader with a story about sticking to a goal. This Level 2 story from the Start to Read! series is the next step in your child’s reading development. It features controlled vocabulary, simple sentence patterns, and rhyming words. In The New Bike, Lee has a new bike and wants to show it to her friend Mike, but first she has to learn to ride it! With dad’s help and big determination, she does just that. The book introduces 50-70 news words, and many can be read by changing the initial sound or by rhyming with a known word. Picture clues provide considerable support for the text. All the elements add up to reading success! You may need to help your child sound out some words, then after several readings together, encourage him or her to read alone. This is just one selection in Dr. James Hoffman’s Start to Read! Early Reading Program, with storybooks across three progressive reading levels.
- 14110097815768310380.25Series: TrueColorsPaperback: 144 pagesPublisher: NavPress; First Edition edition (July 1, 1998)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1576831035ISBN-13: 978-1576831038Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 8 x 0.2 inchesShipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- 14109797815914512660.3Hardcover: 225 pagesPublisher: Integrity Publishers (January 1, 2004)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1591451264ISBN-13: 978-1591451266Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 0.9 x 8.3 inchesShipping Weight: 12 ounces
- 14108197819340687860.25Age Range: 9 and up Grade Level: 4 and upSeries: The Girls 'n Grace CollectionPaperback: 80 pagesPublisher: Authentic (November 14, 2008)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1934068780ISBN-13: 978-1934068786Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 5.9 x 0.3 inchesShipping Weight: 8 ounces
- 14107497808054315820.25Paperback: 256 pagesPublisher: B&H Fiction (January 15, 2005)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0805431586ISBN-13: 978-0805431582Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.7 x 9 inchesShipping Weight: 13.6 ounces
- 70%OFFKnow Your Rights Against The Police & In Court In Criminal Matters (2016 Edition)
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - Books & CDs₦ 300.00
₦1,000.003680(Please note that the print edition of this book is out of stock presently. Only the soft copy/eBook version is available for now. When you pay, the soft copy/eBook will be sent to your email to download and read at your convenience).Table of Contents Preface Introduction SECTION 36 OF THE 1999 CONSTITUTION- Every Accused Person Is Presumed Innocent Until Proven Guilty. CATEGORIES OF OFFENCES Simple Offences i. Traffic Offences Misdemeanor Felony i. Capital Offences PART I: AT THE POLICE STATION POLICE INVITATION Right To Know What Offences You Are Accused Of Right To Make Your Defense And To Be Heard YOU CANNOT BE ARRESTED FOR THE SINS OF ANOTHER PERSON NO MATTER HOW CLOSE HE IS TO YOU! Witnesses Statements With The Police Right To Write Your Statement Yourself In Response To Questions Asked By The IPO. Right Not To Make Statement Until You See Your Lawyer How To Write Your Statement You Must Sign Your Statement And Date It Confessional Statements Right Not Make Statements Under Duress Right Not To Be Tortured To Make Confessional/Any Particular Statement POLICE SEARCH Search Warrant Right To See And Read The Warrant Right To Search The Police Officers First Before The Search Is Conducted Incriminating Items Found In Your House Police Confiscating Properties Not Related To The Alleged Crime Right To Retrieve Your Properties And Claim Damages. POLICE BAIL You Are Entitled To Bail For All Offences Bail Is Free Reporting To The IPO After Release On Bail Right Not To Be Re-Arrested After Release On Bail Police Cases Do Not Die. DETENTION IN POLICE CELL Police Has The Right To Detain You You Cannot Be Detained For More Than 24 Hours For Misdemeanor And Simple Offences Detention In Cases Of Felony Access To Your Lawyer, Doctor And Family Members While In Detention POLICE INTERVIEWS Your Right To State Your Version You Cannot Be Forced To Make An Undertaking You Are Entitled To State What You Want During The Interview Your Right To Insist On Going To Court UNLAWFUL/ILLEGAL DETENTION What Is Unlawful Detention? i. Unlawful Detention By Police Ii. By Military Bodies Iii. By Militia Bodies e.g. OPC, Bakassi, etc Iv. By Civilians What Is Your Right If Unlawfully Detained? i. Fundamental Rights Enforcement ii. Right To Public Apology By The Police iii. Civil Claims For Damages iv. Right Of Complaint To Higher Authorities v. Police Human Rights Desk vi. Your Right Against The Complainant vii. Right To Ask Court For Injunction From Incessant Arrest And Committal If Disobeyed. Police Misuse Of Power To Arrest And Detain Complainant Using Police Illegally For Personal/Selfish Ends CATEGORIES OF CASES THE POLICE CANNOT ENTERTAIN Land Matters Landlord/Tenant Matters Civil Cases Like Loan/Debt Recovery, Divorce Matters, Inheritance Matters, etc FREEDOM FROM POLICE TORTURE/BRUTALITY Freedom From Beating, Long Detention, Threat And Harassments, etc Police Use Of Handcuffs, Guns, etc. Do Not Resist Police Arrest You Must Cooperate With The Police You Must Honor Police Invitation PART II. IN THE COURT. PRE-ARRAIGNMENT Your Right To Be Informed That You Are Being Charged To Court Your Right To Make Provisions For Your Defenses Right To Get A Lawyer Of Your Choice Police Are Not Entitled To Force You To Take A Particular Lawyer. You Cannot Be Chained Or Shackled Inside The Dock. ARRAIGNMENT Types Of Court Where You Can Be Arraigned. Officials Of The Court- I. The Magistrate II. The Court Registrars III. The Prosecutors IV. The Court Orderly V. Beware Of Touts And Impostors Right To Be Informed By Court What The Charges Against You Are Your Right To Understand The Charges Properly Before You Are Asked To Answer Your Rights Where You Have A Lawyer And Where You Don’t Your Pleas, Guilty Or Not Guilty i. No One Can Force You To Plead Guilty ii. You Can Change Your Plea Before Judgment If Guilty, Facts And Sentence. Allocutos. Court Bail: If Not Guilty, Your Right To Bail Sureties And Bail Bonds Felony And Serious Offences Like Armed Robbery, Murder, etc. No Pleas And Bail Except In High Court. Role Of The Ministry Of Justice And The DPP ADJOURNMENTS AND APPEARANCES IN COURT. You Must Appear In Court Regularly And Promptly Until Your Case Is Disposed Off. Your Right Not Be Re-Arrested By Police On The Same Offences If Regularly Appearing In Court You Cannot Be Charged To Court Twice For The Same Offence Absence In Court A. Effect Of Absence Or Lateness To Court. 1. Your Bail May Be Revoked And Bench Warrant Issued For Your Arrest. 2. Your Surety May Be Asked To Show Cause. 3. You May Be Re-Arrested And Detained By The Court If You Jump Bail 4. Jumping Bail/Absence In Court Is Another Criminal Offence Entirely 5. Your Surety May Be Arrested, Tried And Sentenced If You Are Not Found. 6. You Too May Still Be Arrested And Tried Anytime You Are Found. HELP FOR POOR VICTIMS The Public defender The Ministry of Justice The National Human Rights Commission The Human Rights Desk, Nigeria Police The Provost of Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Air Force The A22, Police Complaints Commission NGOs
- 70%OFFKnow Your Fundamental Human Rights Under Nigerian Constitution (2016 Edtiion)
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - Books & CDs₦ 300.00
₦1,000.003683Table Of Contents i. Preface ii. Introduction CHAPTER 1. …… YOUR RIGHT TO LIFE Your Right To Life Is Guaranteed Limitations To Rights To Life Death From Vehicle Accident CHAPTER 2. ....... YOUR RIGHT TO THE DIGNITY OF YOUR PERSON a. Your Right Against Torture b. Your Right Against Slavery And Servitude c. Your Right Against Degrading Or Inhuman Treatment d. Your Right Against Forced Labour e. Limitations To Right To Dignity Of Your Person CHAPTER 3. ……. YOUR RIGHT TO PERSONAL LIBERTY a. Unlawful Deprivation Of Liberty b. Right To Remain Silent When Arrested c. Right To Be Informed Of Your Offence Within 24 Hours d. Right To Be Charged To Court And Tried Within Reasonable Time e. Limitations To Right To Personal Liberty CHAPTER 4. ……. YOUR RIGHT TO FAIR HEARING a. Presumption Of Your Innocence b. Fundamental Rights Of A Person Charged With A Criminal Offence c. Other Constitutional Provisions On Fair Hearing d. Limitations To Right To Fair Hearing CHAPTER 5. ……. YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVATE AND FAMILY LIFE a. Right To Privacy Of Your Dwelling Place b. Right To Privacy Of Your Correspondence And Telephone Conversations c. Right To Privacy Of Your Financial Situation d. Right To Privacy Of Your Medical Condition e. Right To Privacy From Television And Video Recordings f. Right To Family Life g. Limitations On Right To Privacy And Family Life CHAPTER 6 ……. YOUR RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF THOUGHT, CONSCIENCE AND RELIGION a. Freedom Of Thought And Conscience b. Freedom Of Religion c. Religious Rights Of A Student In School d. Limitations To Freedom Of Religion CHAPTER 7 ……. YOUR RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION AND THE PRESS a. Freedom Of Expression And Opinion b. Freedom To Own And Establish Medium Of Sharing Information c. Limitations To Freedom Of Expression CHAPTER 8. ……. YOUR RIGHT TO PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY AND ASSOCIATION a. Your Right To Freely Assemble b. Your Right To Join Any Club Or Association c. Your Right To Form Or Join Any Political Party d. Limitations On Freedom Of Assembly And Association CHAPTER 9 …….. YOUR RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT a. Right To Move Freely In And Out Of Nigeria b. Right Against Arrest For Wandering c. Limitations On Freedom Of Movement CHAPTER 10. …….. YOUR RIGHT TO FREEDOM FROM DISCRIMINATION a. Right Against Discrimination On Basis Of Religion, Tribe, Sex, Or Ethnic Origin b. Discrimination Against Disabled Persons c. Limitations On The Right To Freedom From Discrimination CHAPTER 11. …….. YOUR RIGHT TO ACQUIRE PROPERTY AND FREEDOM FROM THE COMPULSORY ACQUISITION OF YOUR PROPERTY. a. Your Right To Own Property Anywhere In Nigeria b. Right Against Compulsory Acquisition Of Your Property c. Limitations On Right To Acquire Property CHAPTER 12. ……. CONSTITUTIONALLY RECOGNISED RESTRICTIONS OF YOUR FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS a. Your Right Can Be Restricted When It Is Reasonably Justifiable In Democratic Society b. Your Rights Can Be Restricted Because Of Emergencies c. Limitations To Restrictions And Derogation From Human Rights CHAPTER 13……. SPECIAL JURISDICTION OF HIGH COURT AND LEGAL AID FOR YOU a. Only High Courts Have Original Jurisdictions In Fundamental Rights Cases b. Financial Assistance To You To Enforce Fundamental Rights CHAPTER 14 ….. UNITED NATIONS CHARTER ON HUMAN RIGHTS a. Human Rights Must Be Respected Throughout The World b. The Universal Declaration Of Human Rights, 1948 Post Script
- 73%OFF3687(Please note that the print edition of this book is out of stock presently. Only the soft copy/eBook version is available for now. When you pay, the soft copy/eBook will be sent to your email to download and read at your convenience).Table of Contents Preface 8 Introduction 10 Part I: Pre-Employment Chapters 1. Categories Of Employees 14 Civil Servants, Public Servants 14 Private Employees 16 Contract Staff 17 Staff On Probation, Employments With Statutory Flavor, Etc 18 Contracts And Conditions Of Employment 20 2. Rights Of Employees On Probation 23 Expiration Of Probation 23 Termination Of Probationary Appointment And Right To Fair Hearing 25 Rights Of Sacked Employees On Probation 27 Part II: The Employment 3. General Rights Of Employees 31 Right To Trade Unionism, Right To Strike 31 Right Of Employees Dismissed For Striking 34 Right To Sick Leave 36 Right To Salary During Sick Leave 37 4. Employer’s Duty Of Care And Employer’s Vicarious Liability 40 Duty Of Care 40 Employer’s Vicarious Liability. 43 What If The Employee Had Been Sacked? 49 No Vicarious Liability In Crime 50 5. Compensation For Injuries Or Death Of Workmen 52 Definition Of Employer And Employee 53 Employer Is Liable To Pay Compensation For Injuries Or Mental Stress 54 Notice of Accident And Application For Compensation 57 Compensation For Injuries Resulting In Death Or Permanent Disability 59 Percentage of Disability 61 Provision Of Health Care And Disability Support 62 Compensation Cannot Be waived 63 6. Disciplinary Actions Against Employees 65 Suspension Of Staff 65 Termination Or Dismissal 66 Length Of Notice, Mode Of Termination. 67 7. Unlawful Termination Of Employment And Retrenchment Based On Redundancy 72 Unlawful Termination In Private Employment 72 Unlawful Termination In Employment With Statutory Flavor 73 Redundancy And Termination Of Redundant Staff 74 Methods Of Selecting Staff For Redundancy 76 Assessment Of Redundancy Payment 76 Redundancy In The Public Service 77 Redundancy From Take-Overs And Mergers 78 Does Redundancy Payment Include The Payment Of Gratuity? 79 8. Dismissal Of Staff 81 Misconduct And Grounds For Dismissal 81 Dismissal Of Private Employees 87 Dismissal In Civil Service 88 9. Resignation 91 By A Public Officer 91 By A Private Employee 92 Can Employer Reject Employee’s Voluntary Resignation? 92 Forced Or Involuntary Resignation Is Constructive Dismissal 94 Part III- Post Employment 10. Employee’s Legal Remedies Against Termination 98 Payment Of Salary In Lieu Of Notice 98 Right To Ask For Damages For Unlawful Termination And Dismissal 99 Right To Ask For Reinstatement 100 Public Notice Of Termination In Newspaper- Legal Effect 102 11. Rules Governing Payment Of Terminal Benefits – Gratuity And Pension 104 Pension 105 Gratuity 106 Death Benefits 107 Necessity For Letter Of Administration 107 The Contributory Pension Scheme 108 Post Script 110
- 70%OFF3688(Please note that the print edition of this book is out of stock presently. Only the soft copy/eBook version is available for now. When you pay, the soft copy/eBook will be sent to your email to download and read at your convenience).Table of Contents Preface Introduction Chapter 1 - APPOINTMENT OF AN ESTATE AGENT a. Advantages Of Appointing An Estate Agent b. Recommended Estate Agents You Can Appoint c. Who Is Entitled To Agency, Legal And Caution Fees d. Please Give Your Agent Written Power Of Attorney Chapter 2 -TENANCY AGREEMENTS a. Importance Of Tenancy Agreements b. The Usual Covenants In A Tenancy Agreement c. You Have Obligations To Your Tenants Chapter 3 -WHAT ARE THE BASIC AMENITIES EVERY HOUSE MUST HAVE? a. What Are The Basic Amenities For A Room? b. What Are The Basic Amenities For A Flat? c. What Are The Basic Amenities For A Duplex/House? d. What Are The Consequences Of Not Meeting Requirements Of Basic Amenities? Chapter 4 - RENT: PAYMENT, INCREMENT AND ARREARS OF RENT a. Rent Receipt b. You Cannot Accept Advance Rent of More Than One Year In Lagos c. Arrears Of Rent d. Increment Of Rent e. Unreasonable Increment Of Rent f. Caution On Notice Of Increment In Rent Chapter 5 - RENOVATIONS, REPAIRS AND DEVELOPMENTS CARRIED OUT BY TENANTS ON YOUR PROPERTY. a. Renovations/Repairs Done By Your Tenants b. Developments Of Your Property By The Tenant c. Your Right To Claim For Damages Done To Your Building By Tenant Chapter 6 - TYPES AND NATURES OF TENANCIES a. Tenancy At Will b. Weekly Tenancies c. Monthly Tenancies d. Quarterly Tenancies e. Yearly/Half-Yearly Tenancies f. Tenants At Will Chapter 7 - DIFFERENT REASONS WHY YOU CAN EJECT A TENANT Chapter 8 - QUIT NOTICE a. Must Be In Writing b. Length Of Quit Notice Determined By Type & Nature Of Tenancy c. Must Be Followed By 7 Days’ Notice And Court Summons d. Tenant Who Locks Up Apartment Must Be Given Quit Notice e. Abandoned Premises f. Quit Notice Must Be Valid g. Landlord Can Write Quit Notice Himself h. You Are Entitled To Collect Rent Even After Issuing Quit Notice i. 7-Day Notice j. Landlord Not Entitled To Use Self-Help To Forcefully Eject Tenant Chapter 9 - COURT SUMMONS a. Personal Service Of Court Summons On Tenant b. Different Types Of Courts That Can Handle Landlord/Tenant Cases c. Appearances In Court d. Instances Of When Tenant Defeats Landlord In Court e. A Tenant Who Is In Court Must Still Pay His Rent f. A Sitting Tenant Can Also Be Taken To Court For Arrears Of Rent Only Post script - THE ROLE OF MEDIATION CENTERS
- 73%OFFKnow Your Civil Rights Against Others (2017 Edition)
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - Books & CDs₦ 400.00
₦1,500.003689(Please note that the print edition of this book is out of stock presently. Only the soft copy/eBook version is available for now. When you pay, the soft copy/eBook will be sent to your email to download and read at your convenience).Table Of Contents: Preface …………………… 7 Introduction …………………… 9 Chapters 1. Trespass To Your Person 10 a. Assault 10 b. Battery, Causing Grievous/Permanent Injuries 12 c. Torture 12 d. False Imprisonment 13 e. Rape 15 f. Forced Labour/Slavery/Servitude 17 g. Injuries Resulting From Vehicle Accident 18 h. Unlawful Termination Of Life- Murder, Manslaughter, Motor Traffic Accidents. 19 i. Malicious Prosecution 20 2. Trespass To Your Property 22 a. Trespass To Properties Generally 22 b. Trespass To Land 23 c. Conversion/Stealing 25 d. Detinue 27 e. Money Owed 28 f. Motor Vehicle Accident 31 g. Remedies For Trespass To Property 32 3. Defamation Of Character 34 a. Slander 34 b. Libel 36 c. Defenses 38 d. Remedies For Defamation 39 4. Negligence 41 a. Duty Of Care 41 b. Standard Of Care 42 c. Breach Of Duty Of Care 43 d. Res ipsa loquitor 43 e. The Egg-Shell Skull Rule 44 f. Instances Of Negligence 45 g. Defenses To Negligence 47 h. Remedies For Negligence 49 5. Nuisance: 50 a. Public Nuisance 50 b. Private Nuisance 51 c. Use Of Generators 53 d. Night Vigils In Residential Apartments 54 e. Remedies Available For Nuisance 54 6. Strict Liability 56 a. Liability For Damage By Cattles 57 b. Liability For Damage By Dangerous Animals 57 c. Liability For Damage By Animals That Are Not Dangerous By Nature 58 d. Liability For Damage By Non-Living Things 58 e. Liability For Damage By Waste In Septic Tanks 58 f. Liability For Places Like Science Laboratory, Research Centers, etc 58 g. Defenses To Strict Liability 58 7. Vicarious Liability Of Master For Servant 60 a. Who is A servant? 60 b. Liability Must Be In The Course Of Employment 62 c. What If The Servant Has Been Sacked? 63 d. No Vicarious Liability In Crime 65 e. Defenses To Vicarious Liability 65 8. Breach Of Agreement 66 a. Breach Of Contracts Generally 67 b. Breach Of Agreements On Land 68 c. Breach Of Agreement To Marry 69 d. Breach Of Warranty 71 e. Breach Of Fiduciary Duty 73 f. General Proof Of Breach Of Agreement 75 g. Remedies For Breach Of Agreements Generally 76 h. Mitigation Of Damages 78 i. Mediation, Arbitration And Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) 79 9. Statute Of Limitations 80 a. Legal effect Of Limitation 80 b. When Does Time Begin To Run 80 c. Type of Legal Actions Recognized 81 d. Laches And Acquiescence 81 e. Pre-Action Notice 82 Post Script: Survival Of Actions 84
- 66%OFFKnow How & Where To Safely Buy Landed Properties in Nigeria
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - Books & CDs₦ 400.00
₦1,200.003690(Please note that the print edition of this book is out of stock presently. Only the soft copy/eBook version is available for now. When you pay, the soft copy/eBook will be sent to your email to download and read at your convenience).Table of Contents Preface Introduction PART A: HOW TO SAFELY BUY LANDED PROPERTIES Chapters Preliminary Stage How To Source For A Landed Property What To Look For When Buying A Property Five Methods Of Proving Ownership In Nigeria What Are The Different Types Of Documents To Inspect? How To Inspect A Property - The Cardinal Principle How To Evaluate The Actual Market Value Of Any Property On The Spot How To Buy Family Land How To Confirm The Genuineness Of Family Title Family Members To Negotiate With Payment To Family - Who Must Be Present Obtaining Family Receipts Family Members Who Must Sign Title Documents How To Avoid Pitfalls In Buying Family Land What Is The Difference When Buying Partitioned Family Land? How To Buy Property From An Individual How To Identify A Genuine Owner Your Right To Demand For Photocopies And Verify Title Documents How To Conduct Investigations Of Seller’s Claims How To Buy Property of Owner Resident Overseas How To Buy Property Belonging To “Mr. & Mrs.’ How To Buy Property Belonging To A Child How To Buy Property Belonging To An Illiterate Or Blind Seller Buying Properties With “Not For Sale” Notice Documents To Exchange After Payment How To Buy Property In A Government Reserved Area Or Housing Estate How to Buy Property Directly In Government Scheme/Estate How To Buy From A Third Party And Documents To Demand For How To Conduct Investigations And Verifications Of Title Beware! Letter Of Allocation Is Not Title Document How To Buy Property From An Estate Agent How To Identify A Fake Estate Agent Your Right To Demand For Power Of Attorney Your Right To Demand For Photocopies Of Title Documents How To Conduct Investigations And Verifications Of Agent And Owner Must Owner Be Present At Payment? How To Buy Landed Property Of A Deceased Person What Are Documents To Demand If There Is A Will If There Is No Will, You Must Demand For Letters Of Administration How To Conduct Investigations And Verifications Of Wills, Letters Of Administrations And Title Documents Can Buyer Finance The Process Of Obtaining Letter Of Administration? All Executors/Administrators Must Give Consent To Sale The Role Of Customary Law When Buying Property Of A Deceased Person How To Identify Encumbrances That Affect Title To Properties Encumbrances That Affect Value i. Financial Encumbrances ii. Non-Financial Encumbrances Encumbrances That Affect Title Verification With Town Planning Authorities How To Pay For Property And Registration Of Title Negotiations, Offer And Acceptance How To Pay And Payment Methods Your Rights To Receipts And Agreements Implications of Backdating Purchase Receipts And Agreement Right To Collect All Original Title Documents Execution Of Documents Of Sale Registration Of Title PART B: WHERE TO SAFELY BUY LANDED PROPERTIES Chapters 9. Where to Safely Buy Landed Properties a. Where To Buy b. Where Not To Buy c. Steps To Take Where You Wrongly Bought A Property Belonging To Another Person d. What To Do If A Third Party Challenges Your Title e. Did You Erroneously Buy Land Under Government Acquisition? How To Regularize Your Title With The Government Where Applicable. f. Breach Of Land Agreement And Your Remedies. g. Trespass To Your Property And Your Remedies 10. Government Acquisition Of Properties a. Your Right To Own A Property Is Guaranteed Under The Constitution b. You Have Freedom From Compulsory Acquisition Of Your Property c. Constitutional Limitations Of Your Right d. The Land Use Act And Conditions For Compulsory Acquisition e. Right To Seek Court Injunction Where There Is Threat Of Demolition Without Notice/Compensation Postscript I – Court Stops Abacha Family Postscript II – 60% of C of Os In Lagos Are Fake! - Lawmaker Appendix I – FHA’s Housing Schemes – FHA To Build 6,009 Housing Units Appendix II – List Of Primary Mortgage Institutions (PMIs) Registered With The Federal Mortgage Bank Of Nigeria Appendix III – List Of Registered Private Estate Developers In Nigeria Appendix IV – Lagos State Government Proposed Housing Schemes Appendix V – Lagos Home Ownership Scheme (LAGOS H.O.M.S) Appendix VI – Requirements For Building Plan Approvals In Lagos State
- 70%OFF3685(Please note that the print edition of this book is out of stock presently. Only the soft copy/eBook version is available for now. When you pay, the soft copy/eBook will be sent to your email to download and read at your convenience).Table of Contents: Preface …………………… Introduction Chapter 1. Searching For The Right Property And Right To Inspect. …… 10 Searching For The Right Property ……….. 10 Know Your Rights If Duped By An Estate Agent ….. 12 How To Identify A Fake Estate Agent ……. 13 Do Not Fail To Ask Questions ……. 14 Your Right To Inspect ……. 16 15 Cardinal Points To Note When Inspecting An Apartment. …. 16 Chapter 2. Payment Of Rent, Your Right To Rent Receipt And Tenancy Agreement ……… 22 a. Your Right To Rent Receipts ……….. 22 b. Tenancy Agreement ………. 24 c. Tenancy Renewal ……… 26 d. What Is Your Right During Rent Increment ……… 26 Chapter 3. Your Rights To Basic Amenities Like Electricity/ Water Supply, Good Toilet/Bathroom, Good Ventilation, Etc. …… 29 a. The Basic Amenities For A Room Or Room/Parlor …… 29 b. The Basic Amenities For A Standard Flat …… 29 c. The Basic Amenities For A Duplex/House ……. 30 d. Disconnection Of Light/Water Supply By Landlord ……. 31 Chapter 4. Your Right To Quiet And Peaceful Enjoyment ……… 33 a. Your Right To Peaceful Enjoyment Of Your Apartment …. 33 b. Your Right To The Security Of Your Tenancy …. 34 c. Your Rights From Co-Tenants And Neighbors .… 35 Chapter 5. Arrears Of Rent, Renovations And Nature Of Tenancy …. 36 a. Arrears Of Rent …….. 36 b. Payment Of Rent After Landlord Has Issued Quit Notice …...…37 c. Renovations Carried Out By Tenants …… 38 d. Nature Of Tenancy ……. 40 Chapter 6. Quit Notice And The Legal Ways To Eject A Tenant. ….. 43 a. Quit Notice …..… 43 b. Backdated Quit Notice c. 7-Days Notice ……. 46 d. What Is Your Right If Your Landlord Gives You Quit Notice .47 e. What Is Your Right Where Ownership Of The Property Suddenly Changes? 48 Chapter 7. How To Defend Yourself In Court .……… 51 a. Court Summons ….…… 51 b. Reasons A Landlord May Eject The Tenant …… 54 c. In The Courtroom …….. 55 d. Jurisdiction Of The Court ……… 56 e. Judgment Of Court ……….. 57 Chapter 8. Forceful/Unlawful Ejection; Threat, Harassment And Intimidation Of Tenants By Landlords ……… 61 a. Methods Of Forceful/Unlawful Ejection By Landlords …… 62 b. What Are Your Rights If Your Landlord Attempts To Or Forcefully Ejects You. ………. 63 Chapter 9. Help For Poor Tenants ………….. 66 Post Script: The Rent Edict 1997. Why It Failed. ….. 68
- 50%OFFSold by:7694NPD2015/2016The Nigerian Pharmaceutical Directory (NPD) is a compilation of data on the Pharmaceutical industry and health institutions, It is a reference material for Pharmacists, government, officials, consultants, Business Administrators, Investors and other major actors in the Nigerian Pharmaceutical Industry. The 2015/2016 Edition is a special one. It is not only a repository of facts and figures, but also contains incisive reports such as the Community Pharmacy Industry sub-sectors reports, Nigeria Pharmaceutical Education Report, the global Pharmacy report and many others.
- 140881RH0750.5Author Odafe AtogunPublisher OUIDAISBN. 9789789565696Pages. 218
- 140879RH0720.5Yejide is hoping for a miracle, for a child. It is all her husband wants, all her mother-in-law wants, and she has tried everything - arduous pilgrimages, medical consultations, appeals to God. But when her relatives insist upon a new wife, it is too much for Yejide to bear. It will lead to jealousy, betrayal and despair.Unravelling against the social and political turbulence of 1980s Nigeria, Stay With Me sings with the voices, colours, joys and fears of its surroundings. Ayobami Adebayo weaves a devastating story of the fragility of married love, the undoing of family, the wretchedness of grief, and the all-consuming bonds of motherhood. It is a tale about our desperate attempts to save ourselves and those we love from heartbreak.
- 140564BECKS1910.6Reading level: 2.00+ yearsHardcover: 144 pagesPublisher: Parragon (2015)Language: English
- 140570BECKS1970.8Five 24-piece jigsaw puzzles!
- 140563BECKS1900.7Age Range: 8 - 11 yearsGrade Level: 3 - 5Series: Complete Book ofPaperback: 352 pages
- 140562BECKS1890.6Age Range: 3 - 7 yearsGrade Level: Preschool and upSeries: Complete Book ofPaperback: 352 pagesPublisher: American Education Publishing; Workbook edition (April 1, 2003)Language: English
- 140561BECKS1880.4Key DetailsAuthorLara EdeNumber Of Pages26 pagesFormatBoard Book
- 140544BECKS1870.4For ages 12-17Format Paperback | 32 pagesDimensions 208.28 x 266.7 x 10.16mm | 226.8gPublication date 05 Mar 2013
- 140543BECKS1860.5Features & Benefits:Designed to help children learn in an entertaining wayCarefully matched to the early years’ curriculum to ensure that the activities reflect what children are learning in schoolWith over 250 stickers to use as part of the activity pages and as reward stickersA lively game to play that reinforces learning even after the book has been completed
- 140542BECKS1840.8Designed to engage your child's interest in the people and events of the scripture. It includes Bible Lessons and characters and beautifully illustrated bible stories
- 140541BECKS1830.7Age Range: 4 - 8 yearsGrade Level: Preschool - 3Series: I Can Read! / The Beginner's BibleHardcover: 160 pagesPublisher: Zonderkidz; Har/Com edition (April 23, 2012)
- 140540BECKS1820.9Age Range: 4 - 8 yearsGrade Level: Preschool - 3Hardcover: 272 pagesPublisher: Thomas Nelson (October 22, 2013)Language: English
- 140539BECKS1810.9Favorite fairy tales include "Rapunzel“, "Little Red Riding Minnie“, "Daisylocks," "The Ugly Duckling" and "The Gingerbread Man”. This storybook is the perfect introduction to the land of make-believe.
- 140538BECKS1800.9 -Finding Nemo- CARS-Toy Story-The Lion King and more -200 stickers -250 illustrations
- 140536BECKS1770.4- 6 exciting stories for girls-beautifully illustrated-Age 5 up
- 140537BECKS1790.4Vibrant, engaging artwork that will mesmerise children.Specially written retellings and original stories.-Princess Crystals Cleaning-Upper-Princess Tiffany's Trumpet-A Princess Surprise-Princess Bella's First Day-Princess Arabella's New Kite-The Spoilt Princess
- 124264BECKS0190.5-Reading level: 3 - 10 years-Hardcover: 384 pages-Publisher: Parragon (2015)-Language: English-ISBN-10: 1445445492-ISBN-13: 978-1445445496-Product Dimensions: 20.7 x 3.6 x 17.6 cm
- 124272BECKS0210.7Book FormatHardbackPublishersIglooAge Range7-8 Yrs