Books & Audible- Books
- 22%OFFSold by:1577441.0The sixth edition of this best-selling dictionary offers learnersthe most comprehensive and accurate information with updated content and hundreds of new words. The full-colour, user-friendly design helps users quickly find all the information they need. Learners get extra help with grammar and using the correct tenses, and the integrated Thesaurus and Collocations support help them to build their vocabulary for life.
- 185433Printed Copy Coming Soon! Currently available in ePub
- 2070442536-78033.0This is the first issue of the 2018 volume of the Miyetti Quarterly Law Review.
- 33%OFF20660797815768340390.15Author: Glenn T. StantonPublisher: NavpressCategory: Christian living/Practical life/Family concernspages: 223
- 16%OFF20660597808254277940.15Authors: Bryant and Cindy HeflinPublisher: Kregel PublicationsCategory: Christian living/ InspirationalPages: 256
- 12%OFF20660397815997938250.15Author: Dr. Betty PricePublisher: Faith One PublishingCategory: Religion/Christian life/Spiritual Growth
- 13463497808024812520.15Hardcover: 224 pagesPublisher: Northfield Publishing; 1 edition (May 1, 2008)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0802481256ISBN-13: 978-0802481252Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inchesShipping Weight: 13.6 ounces
- 14362497807814428310.15Series: M.D. ExaminesPaperback: 160 pagesPublisher: Victor (July 2006)Language: EnglishISBN-10: 0781442834ISBN-13: 978-0781442831Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 6.5 x 0.4 inchesShipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- 1343020.25PRODUCT NAME: Eight Ways To Keep The Devil Under Your FeetAUTHOR'S NAME: JOYCE MEYERPUBLISHER: Faith WordsISBN: 9780446691130EDITION: Warner Books Edition
- 185431In the earliest economic days, it was never in the world’s tradition for women to work and make money. The evolution of economic life led to their inclusion in careers. It was therefore not a long time ago when women started getting involved in careers. Women who have not been involved in the career world are either making baby-steps in the career world or entirely confused about how to start or maintain their jobs. Lots of women are educated but they cannot get careers out of their professions. Many more are unstable on their jobs. There have been several analyses on the gender-sensitive constraints and economic situations that deter women’s ability to find careers. The problem still persists. Join the next generation women is a career guide that walks you through the entire process of finding and sustaining a career. The approach described in the book provides a model to women on how to be stable in careers. That is in the midst of all the gender-sensitive constraints and economic situation of low or no job availability.
- 124426BECKS0430.4My Pretty Pink Purse Mini Coloring Book is great for coloring with a loads of strickers
- 60%OFF125030BECKS0360.4The Flip-Flap Spell and Learn four letter word is designed to help children learn 120 everyday words. From age 3 up
- 40%OFF140542BECKS1840.8Designed to engage your child's interest in the people and events of the scripture. It includes Bible Lessons and characters and beautifully illustrated bible stories
- 37%OFF140543BECKS1860.5Features & Benefits:Designed to help children learn in an entertaining wayCarefully matched to the early years’ curriculum to ensure that the activities reflect what children are learning in schoolWith over 250 stickers to use as part of the activity pages and as reward stickersA lively game to play that reinforces learning even after the book has been completed
- 37%OFF140544BECKS1870.4For ages 12-17Format Paperback | 32 pagesDimensions 208.28 x 266.7 x 10.16mm | 226.8gPublication date 05 Mar 2013
- 40%OFF140570BECKS1970.8Five 24-piece jigsaw puzzles!
- 33%OFF161459BECKS3710.5Hard cover 91 pages
- 20%OFF1888610.22Make your own robots, monsters and superheroes attack your funds with a firing catapult or challenge colleagues too game of desktop bowling.
- 2025180.658An Imperfect Offering is a deeply personal, deeply political book. With unstinting candor, Orbinski explores the nature of humanitarian action in the twenty-first century, and asserts the fundamental imperative of seeing as human those whose political systems have most brutally failed. He insists that in responding to the suffering of others, we must never lose sight of the dignity of those being helped or deny them the right to act as agents in their own lives. He takes readers on a journey to some of the darkest places of our history but finds there unimaginable acts of courage and empathy. Here he is doctor as witness, recording voices that must be heard around the world; calling on others to meet their responsibility.
- 2025160.399The former U.S. Navy commander, motivational speaker, and author of It's Your Ship draws on interviews with leaders from every branch of the U.S. military and the business world to counsel readers on how to honor agreements with a staff, develop employees in order to promote lifestyle quality, and work on one's own terms. 75,000 first printing.
- 2025140.717A consultant challenges professionals to closely examine the meaning of their work and to reach beyond their grasp, and advises professional institutions that they should invest in skill building. 30,000 first printing. Tour.
- Markets of One: Creating Customer-Unique Value Through Mass Customization
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002025120.522What does it mean "to dell?" This newly coined business verb means to mass-customize, making products only in response to actual demand. This allows a product to "go direct" to a customer, and it's what Dell Computer does instead of forcing mass-produced computers on its customers. And Dell's not alone.As Editors Jim Gilmore and Joe Pine point out in their introduction to Markets of One, mass customization is a trend that has caught on among consumer and business-to-business companies alike - think of Levi's jeans, Aramark's hospital services, Select Comfort mattresses, and Peapod or Streamline grocery delivery, to name a few. Companies customize their offerings to meet the unique needs of individual customers so that nearly everyone can obtain exactly what they want at a reasonable price. It's a paradigm shift away from the one-size-fits-all way managers have thought about markets over the past century- today, every individual customer is a market of one.This collection of ten Harvard Business Review articles chronicles the evolution of business competition from mass markets to markets of one-in other words, from creating standardized value through mass production to creating customer-unique value through mass customization. The book examines many of the resulting changes in approach to strategy and operations-for example, moving from pushing products to fulfilling individual needs, from focusing solely on market share to measuring customer share, and from marketing to the masses to cultivating learning relationships with each customer. Markets of One offers the best of the leading thinkers on the topic, exploring both the promise and pitfalls of mass customization. Practical applications are presented with examples of leading companies who successfully mass customize for markets of one. A Harvard Business Review Book
- 2025110.612Unstable markets, fierce competition, and relentless change are the only certainties in today's chaotic business world. In their startling new book, authors Brown and Eisenhardt contend that to prosper in such volatile conditions, standard survival strategies must be tossed aside in favor of a revolutionary new paradigm—competing on the edge. To compete on the edge is to relentlessly reinvent, and it's the only way to navigate the treacherous waters of tumultuous markets. Competing on the edge is an unpredictable, sometimes even inefficient strategy, yet a singularly effective one in an era driven by change. It requires charting a course along the edge of chaos, where a delicate compromise is struck between anarchy and order, to the edge of time, where current business is the primary focus, but actions are shaped by past legacies and future opportunities. By adroitly maneuvering through chaos and time, managers can avoid constantly reacting to nonstop change and instead set a rhythmic pace that others must follow, thereby shaping the competitive landscape—and their own destiny. In the first book to translate leading edge concepts from complexity theory into management practice, each chapter focuses on a specific management dilemma and illustrates a solution. Linking where do you want to go? With how will you get there? Here's a bold and surprising strategy that works—when the name of the game is change.
- 2025100.567FROM THE WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER In many ways, success at networking is the uncommon application of common knowledge. Most people understand that networking is important to their success—they just lack a step-by-step process to get the results they want. Almost no one really implements a comprehensive methodology that will build a business through networking. Thus, the need to network is "common knowledge," and the development of the methodology required to be successful at it is the "uncommon application." By reading this book, you will experience the true essence and meaning of networking. The 29% Solution gives you the answers to two conflicting questions that a business owner or salesperson faces every day: How can I tend to my existing clients while at the same time network for new business? and, Should I place higher value on my current clients or on new clients? ----------- Ivan R. Misner, PhD, is the founder and chairman of BNI, the world's largest business networking organization. He has written nine books, including the New York Times bestseller Masters of Networking and his number one bestseller Masters of Success. He is a monthly columnist for Entrepreneur.com and is chairman of the board of the Referral Institute, a referral training company with trainers around the world.
- Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002025090.476The DNA of business has changed. Forever. You can blame technology, smartphones, social media, online shopping and everything else, but nothingchanges this reality: we are in a moment of business purgatory. So, what are you going to do about it? Mitch Joel, one of the world's leading experts in new media, warns that the time has come to CTRL ALT DELETE. To reboot and to start re-building your business model. If you don't, Joel warns, not only will your company begin to slide backwards, but you may find yourself unemployable within five years. That's a very strong warning, but in his new book, CTRL ALT DELETE, Joel explains the convergence of five key movements that have changed business forever. The movements have already taken place, but few businesses have acted on them. He outlines what you need to know to adapt right now. He also points to the seven triggers that will help you take advantage of these game-changing factors to keep you employable as this new world of business unfolds. Along the way, Joel introduces his novel concept of "squiggle" which explains how you can learn to adapt your personal approach to your career, as new technology becomes the norm. In short, this is not a book about "change management" but rather a book about "changing both you AND your business model."
- Now, Build a Great Business!: 7 Ways to Maximize Your Profits in Any Market
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002025080.454Now, Build a Great Business! reveals a series of seven powerful principles that will change your business for the better. This fast-moving and engaging book explains how to:- Become a great leader-get superior results from everyone around you.- Attract and keep great people-build peak-performing teams.- Develop a great business plan-structure your business to maximize every resource.- Offer a great product or service-identify exactly what your market needs.- Deliver superior customer service-make service your key competitive advantage.- Create a great marketing plan-position your business as the preeminent provider.- Perfect your sales process-motivate customers to buy again and again.Complete with examples of businesses of all kinds that are applying these methods to achieve remarkable profits in today's economy, Now, Build a Great Business! shows that when you do what the most successful companies do, you too can get extraordinary results.
- 2025070.522A hands-on guide for corporate managers on how to use innovation and corporate entrepreneurship to form new businesses on a regular basis, including in-depth coverage of the history, development, creation and implementation of companies that have sustained new businesses. 30,000 first printing.
- 2025060.59Unprecedented shifts in the age distribution and diversity of the global labor pool are underway. Within the decade, as the massive boomer generation begins to retire and fewer skilled workers are available to replace them, companies in industrialized markets will face a labor shortage and brain drain of dramatic proportions.Ken Dychtwald, Tamara Erickson, and Robert Morison argue that companies ignore these shifts at great peril. Survival will depend on redefining retirement and transforming management and human resource practices to attract, accommodate, and retain workers of all ages and backgrounds. Based on decades of groundbreaking research and study, the authors present innovative and actionable management techniques for leveraging the knowledge of mature workers, reengaging disillusioned midcareer workers, and attracting and retaining talented younger workers.This timely book will help organizations sustain their competitive edge in tomorrow’s inevitably tighter labor markets.
- ₦ 2,500.00Soaring with the Phoenix: Renewing the Vision, Reviving the Spirit, and Re-Creating the Success of Your Company
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002025050.762Presents a program filled with tips and techniques that will help any organization rise to the pinnacle of success during times of change and insecurity
- 2025040.499In November, GM CEO Rick Wagoner appeared before Congress to ask for $25 billion to bail out the struggling Big Three automakers. To critics like Thomas Freidman and Mitt Romney, it was a sign that the American auto industry should be led out to pasture; if the Japanese are better at making cars, they said, then we should let them do it. To defenders, the loss of the country's largest manufacturing sector would be an incomprehensible disaster. Nearly every day, the debate rages on the op-ed pages. Billions of dollars and millions of jobs hang in the balance.In Why GM Matters, William Holstein goes deep inside GM to show what's really happening at the country's most iconic corporation. Where critics say that GM has sat on its hands while the market changed, Holstein demonstrates that GM has already radically retooled its entire operation, from manufacturing and cost structure to design. Where pundits say we'd be better off without GM, he shows how inextricably linked GM and the nation's economy still are: The country's largest private buyer of IT, the world's largest buyer of steel, the holder of pensions for 780,000 Americans, GM accounts for a full 1 percent of our country's GDP. A dollar spent on GM has profoundly different consequences from a dollar spent on Toyota.
- ₦ 2,500.00The Mark of a Leader - Inspiring Stories of ordinary People Who Have Done Extraordinary Things
- 2024970.454From one of the leading experts in viral and social marketing-market your business effectively to today's customersFor generations, marketing has been hypocritical. We've been taught to market to others in ways we hate being marketed to (cold-calling, flyers, ads, etc.). So why do we still keep trying the same stale marketing moves?UnMarketing shows you how to unlearn the old ways and consistently attract and engage the right customers. You'll stop just pushing out your message and praying that it sticks somewhere. Potential and current customers want to be listened to, validated, and have a platform to be heard-especially online. With UnMarketing, you'll create such a relationship with your customers, and make yourself the logical choice for their needs.Shows how to create a mindset and systems to roll out a new, 21st century marketing approachMarketing expert Scott Stratten focuses on a Pull & Stay method (pulling your market towards you and staying/engaging with them, leading them to naturally choose you for their needs) rather than Push & PrayRedefines marketing as all points of engagement between a company and its customers, not just a single boxed-in activity
- 2024820.522The author of the best-selling Flow profiles the characteristics of a visionary leader, contending that business and work has replaced religion and politics, and demonstrating how business leaders and employees can find happiness while contributing to society. 35,000 first printing.
- ROI Selling: Increasing Revenue, Profit, and Customer Loyalty through the 360 Sales Cycle
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002024810.567Return on investment (ROI) is becoming a key component in front-end sales strategies and training by major corporations. Nick and Koenig, nationally recognized experts in sales and value estimation, explore the three true returns on investment--an increase in revenue, a reduction in cost, and an avoidance of cost--and show how to apply their measurement techniques to any sales initiative. They present a step-by-step process for building an ROI model and explain how to incorporate 360 Degree ROI Selling into any of the traditional sales processes used in organizations.
- 2024600.408A Revolutionary Approach to Talent ManagementYou know that winning in today’s marketplace requires top quality talent. You also know what it takes to build that talent—and you spend significant financial and human resources to make it happen. Yet somehow, your company’s beautifully designed and well-benchmarked processes don’t translate into the bottom-line talent depth you need. Why?Talent management experts Marc Effron and Miriam Ort argue that companies unwittingly add layers of complexity to their talent building models—without evaluating whether those components add any value to the overall process. Consequently, simple processes like setting employee performance goals become multi-page, headache-inducing time-wasters that turn managers off to the whole process and fail to improve results.
- ₦ 2,500.00The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan: How to Take Charge, Build Your Team, and Get Immediate Results
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002024480.399The authoritative updated and revised action plan for leaders entering new rolesYour first 100 days in a new leadership role are critical to the success of your mission, your relationship with your new team, and your career. Turnover is high among new leaders who "didn't work out" and the costs to them and their organizations are dramatic. The solution is for every new leader to have an "onboarding" plan. This updated and revised third edition of the bestseller The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan delivers expert guidance to prepare executives for their new leadership roles, accelerate their results, and reduce turnover.With new chapters and sample action plans, the third edition:Helps you assess the internal political culture you'll be facingExplains why your new job doesn't start on "Day 1" but on the day you accept the offer--and how to use the valuable time before "Day 1"Explains the "BRAVE" approach to motivating your new team members by understanding their Behaviors, Relationships, Attitudes, Values, and EnvironmentIncludes downloadable forms to help you planProvides advice for your bosses—so they'll know how to help you succeed
- ₦ 2,500.00Five Frogs on a Log: A CEO's Field Guide to Accelerating the Transition in Mergers, Acquisitions & Gut Wrenching Change
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002024420.522A riddle: Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decide to jump off. How many are left? Answer: Five Why? Because there's a difference between deciding and doing.Written by Mark L. Feldman and Michael F. Spratt of PricewaterhouseCoopers, Five Frogs on a Log offers readers an entertaining and no-nonsense field guide to the mergers and acquisitions jungle, packed with insight and instruction for executing corporate change and capturing shareholder value. Whether you're buying another company or acquiring a new vision of the future, this book proffers an unconventional perspective and a practical, readily accessible set of solutions to the single greatest challenge facing today's managers: executing rapid transitions ion mergers, acquisitions and gut wrenching change.
- 2024360.478Loral Langemeier first introduced her exclusive Wealth Cycle system in the national bestseller The Millionaire Maker. Now, in The Millionaire Maker's Guide to Creating a Cash Machine for Life, she reveals how you can learn to earn more money by building a viable business. The Cash Machine is simple to start and sustain. You'll use skills you already possess and build a reliable team to help. Whether you want to partner with others or create your own team to start, fix, or buy a business, Langemeier shows you how to turn it into a Cash Machine that makes money from Day One.This book delivers a step-by-step action plan for starting up your Cash Machine, helping you toIdentify your personal skill setBrainstorm a business idea and model it after a similar ventureTest the sales potentialCreate a Cash Machine PlanBuild and manage your teamDevelop short- and long-term marketing strategiesGrow your business-and make more money!
- 2024330.499Evolving from the premise that customers have always behaved more like cats than Pavlovs dogs, Waiting for Your Cat to Bark? examines how emerging media have undermined the effectiveness of prevailing mass marketing models. At the same time, emerging media have created an unprecedented opportunity for businesses to redefine how they communicate with customers by leveraging the power of increasingly interconnected media channels.Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg dont simply explain this shift in paradigm; Waiting for Your Cat to Bark? introduces Persuasion Architecture™ as the synthetic model that provides business with a proven context for rethinking customers and retooling marketers in a rewired market.Readers will learn:Why many marketers are unprepared for todays increasingly fragmented, in-control, always-on audience that makes pin-point relevance mandatoryHow interactivity has changed the nature of marketing by extending its reach into the world of sales, design, merchandizing, and customer relationsHow Persuasion Architecture™ allows businesses to create powerful, multi-channel persuasive systems that anticipate customer needsHow Persuasion Architecture™ allows businesses to measure and optimize the return on investment for every discreet piece of that persuasive system
- 2024160.413All companies must grow to survive--but only one in five growth strategies succeeds. In Profit from the Core, strategy expert Chris Zook revealed how to grow profitably by focusing on and achieving full potential in the core business. But what happens when your core business provides insufficient new growth or even hits the wall? In Beyond the Core, Zook outlines an expansion strategy based on putting together combinations of adjacency moves into areas away from, but related to, the core business, such as new product lines or new channels of distribution. These sequences of moves carry less risk than diversification, yet they can create enormous competitive advantage, because they stem directly from what the company already knows and does best. Based on extensive research on the growth patterns of thousands of companies worldwide, including CEO interviews with 25 top performers in adjacency growth, Beyond the Core 1) identifies the adjacency pattern that most dramatically increases the odds of success: "relentless repeatability;" 2) offers a systematic approach for choosing among a range of possible adjacency moves; and 3) shows how to time adjacency moves during a variety of typical business situations. Beyond the Core shows how to find and leverage the best avenues for growth--without damaging the heart of the firm.
- ₦ 2,500.00The Million-Dollar Financial Services Practice: A Proven System for Becoming a Top Producer
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002024110.64Other books have claimed to help readers build a lucrative financial services practicebut it was The Million-Dollar Financial Services Practice that provided ambitious financial advisors with a step-by-step, tactical process proven to work. The second edition is updated throughout and contains new strategies for acquiring affluent clients and assets by providing Wealth Management services, using social media and 'Alumni Marketing,' targeting successful realtors as clients, and much more.
- 2024090.717Smart investing strategies from bestselling author and America's consumer advocate for financial safetyFilled with against-the-grain attitude and seasoned market wisdom, Crash Profits explains not only how to survive, but how to make money before, during, and after a crash. Using real examples fresh from the financial pages, Weiss delineates the full range of risks facing the average American. He shows readers how to see through the lies that Wall Street tells and how to find safer alternatives to stock investing, as well as what to sell, how to sell, and when to sell (and when not to sell). Here's the unvarnished truth about investing today, coupled with the strategies every American can use to turn windfall profits while others are losing their shirts.Martin D. Weiss, PhD (Palm Beach, FL), is Chairman of Weiss Research in Palm Beach, Florida. His previous book, The Ultimate Safe Money Guide (0-471-15202-1), was a Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, and New York Times business bestseller
- ₦ 2,500.00Build Your Own Life Brand! : A Powerful Strategy to Maximize Your Potential and Enhance Your Value for Ultimate Achievement
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002024040.227A Powerful Strategy to Maximize Your Potential and Enhance Your Value for Ultimate Achievement
- 2023970.54Three experts in Human Resources introduce a measurement system that convincingly showcases how HR impacts business performance. Drawing from the authors' ongoing study of nearly 3,000 firms, this book describes a seven-step process for embedding HR systems within the firm's overall strategy--what the authors describe as an HR Scorecard--and measuring its activities in terms that line managers and CEOs will find compelling. Analyzing how each element of the HR system can be designed to enhance firm performance and maximize the overall quality of human capital, this important book heralds the emergence of HR as a strategic powerhouse in today's organizations.
- Decide and Deliver: Five Steps to Breakthrough Performance in Your Organization
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002020750.408Dithering. Decisions that turn out wrong. Decisions that people sabotage or don't know how to implement. If your company's experiencing these problems, it's not alone. Most organizations don't know how to make and execute good decisions. And they're paying a high price—as profitability and competitiveness erode.It doesn't have to be this way. In Decide and Deliver, the authors draw on Bain & Company's extensive research to present a five-step process for improving your firm's decision effectiveness:1. Assess your decision effectiveness—and how your organization affects it.2. Identify your critical decisions.3. Set individual critical decisions up for success.4. Ensure that your company enables and reinforces great decision making and execution.5. Embed the changes in everyday practice.
- 2020730.816What do Bill Gates, Henry Ford, J. P. Morgan, Mary Kay Ash, and Walt Disney all have in common? Uncompromising vision, a willingness to take risks, and exceptional business acumen. Not only did these individuals amass great fortunes, they revolutionized the business world and helped shape society as we know it. Theirs are just a few of the stories collected in this anthology of commercial ingenuity.Drawing on a wealth of sources, this priceless collection brings to life extraordinary achievements, many of them forgotten or little known: how Robert Morris, the preeminent merchant of the eighteenth century, financed the American Revolution with his personal credit; how Ray Kroc used a shrewd real estate strategy to turn a faltering hamburger franchise operation into the McDonald's fast food empire; and how Mary Kay Ash built a billion-dollar direct sales cosmetics company by preaching a message of economic empowerment to women.Enlightening and fascinating, Forbes(r) Greatest Business Stories of All Time celebrates larger-than-life ambition, inspired leadership, wheeling and dealing, and hard work.Forbes is a registered trademark of Forbes Inc. Its use is pursuant to a license agreement with Forbes Inc.
- 2020710.204In any conflict, the 1st Alternative is my way and the 2nd Alternative is your way. The fight usually boils down to a question of whose way is better. There are many methods of “conflict resolution,” but most involve compromise, a low-level accommodation that stops the fight without breaking through to amazing new results. The 3rd Alternative is about more than just an armistice—it’s about creating a new and improved reality. A departure from the usual approaches to conflict resolution, negotiation, and innovation, this book reveals a new way of thinking that will be embraced not only by the many fans who have flocked to Covey’s prior books, but also by anyone who is seeking solutions in their professional or personal lives.The 3rd Alternative transcends traditional solutions to conflict by forging a path toward a third option, a 3rd Alternative that moves beyond your way or my way to a higher and better way—one that allows both parties to emerge from debate or even heated conflict in a far better place than either had envisioned. With the 3rd Alternative, nobody has to give up anything, and everyone wins.
- Financial Peace Revisited: New Chapters on Marriage, Singles, Kids and Families
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002020630.658Dave Ramsey knows what it's like to have it all. By age twenty-six, he had established a four-million-dollar real estate portfolio, only to lose it by age thirty. He has since rebuilt his financial life and, through his workshops and his New York Times business bestsellers Financial Peaceand More than Enough, he has helped hundreds of thousands of people to understand the forces behind their financial distress and how to set things right-financially, emotionally, and spiritually.In this new edition of Financial Peace, Ramsey has updated his tactics and philosophy to show even more readers:how to get out of debt and stay outthe KISS rule of investing—"Keep It Simple, Stupid"how to use the principle of contentment to guide financial decision makinghow the flow of money can revolutionize relationshipsWith practical and easy to follow methods and personal anecdotes, Financial Peace is the road map to personal control, financial security, a new, vital family dynamic, and lifetime peace.
- ₦ 2,500.00Boards That Make a Difference: A New Design for Leadership in Nonprofit and Public Organizations
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002020620.658In this revised and updated third edition, Carver continues to debunk the entrenched beliefs and habits that hobble boards and to replace them with his innovative approach to effective governance. This proven model offers an empowering and fundamental redesign of the board role and emphasizes values, vision, empowerment of both the board and staff, and strategic ability to lead leaders. Policy Governance gives board members and staff a new approach to board job design, board-staff relationships, the role of the chief executive, performance monitoring, and virtually every aspect of the board-management relationship. This latest edition has been updated and expanded to include explanatory diagrams that have been used by thousands of Carver's seminar participants. It also contains illustrative examples of Policy Governance model policies that have been created by real-world organizations. In addition, this third edition of Boards That Make a Difference includes a new chapter on model criticisms and the challenges of governance research.
- New Ideas from Dead Economists: An Introduction to Modern Economic Thought
erodisebookstore₦ 2,500.002020610.272"If you read only one economics book this year, read this one.”—Larry Summers, Secretary of the Treasury for President Clinton, Director of the National Economic Council for President ObamaThe classic introduction to economic thought, now updated in time for the publication of New Ideas from Dead CEOsThis entertaining and accessible introduction to the great economic thinkers throughout history—Adam Smith, John Stuart Mill, Karl Marx, John Maynard Keynes, and more—shows how their ideas still apply to our modern world. In this revised edition, renowned economist Todd Buchholz offers an insightful and informed perspective on key economic issues in the new millennium: increasing demand for energy, the rise of China, international trade, aging populations, health care, and the effects of global warming. New Ideas from Dead Economists is a fascinating guide to understanding both the evolution of economic theory and our complex contemporary economy.
- 2020600.581In this compelling work, Aaker uses real brand-building cases from Saturn, General Electric, Kodak, Healthy Choice, McDonald's, and others to demonstrate how strong brands have been created and managed.As industries turn increasingly hostile, it is clear that strong brand-building skills are needed to survive and prosper. In David Aaker's pathbreaking book, Managing Brand Equity, managers discovered the value of a brand as a strategic asset and a company's primary source of competitive advantage. Now, in this compelling new work, Aaker uses real brand-building cases from Saturn, General Electric, Kodak, Healthy Choice, McDonald's, and others to demonstrate how strong brands have been created and managed.A common pitfall of brand strategists is to focus on brand attributes. Aaker shows how to break out of the box by considering emotional and self-expressive benefits and by introducing the brand-as-person, brand-as-organization, and brand-as-symbol perspectives. The twin concepts of brand identity (the brand image that brand strategists aspire to create or maintain) and brand position (that part of the brand identity that is to be actively communicated) play a key role in managing the "out-of-the-box" brand.